Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Still basking in the light

What a great feeling to wake up and have a first place baseball club! I will enjoy every minute of it. Yeah, it would be better if the Scrubs weren't undefeated as well but I will take it. I am thinking about those George Webb burgers right now. Only 11 more victories in a row to go.

I didn't think I had much to say this morning. But then I saw something that raised my eyebrow. Some demoncrat wants to raise the beer tax. Granted it is not much of a raise overall. One dollar. They like to say that is it "only 2 cents per six pack". Overall, the rate overall is still cheap as they point out in the article.

To me, it is the principal. My money shouldn't go to pay those who shirk their own responsibilities. I personally am sick and tired of those who can't control themselves and blame everyone else for their actions. I am a responsible drinker. I don't go to taverns, get all liquored up and drive home like a drunken fool. I know when to stop. If I don't stop, then I hand my keys over to a friend. I thank the Lord I have friends who care enough to tell me I shouldn't drive.

I don't blame anyone for my actions except myself. And if I do something, I take responsibility (see below).

My money should not go to help those that can't- no, REFUSE to take responsibility for their actions. Such at the Attorney General for the state of Wisconsin. I am not paying taxes so that drunk can seek help. And I don't need some weasel in the state government trying to find little ways to tax us more. I have hunter and camper friends that are paying more this year because our Governor lied to us. I have little problem with a user tax but don't try to back door us and sneak it in.

Now that I am all worked up, I need a beer! Damn it, it is only 8 in the morning. Like that is going to stop me. Oh wait, my job will. Damn it again!

1 comment:

James Wigderson said...

I think you need to make a season record prediction. Or would that be too depressing? It would certainly be reason to drink.

If the Brewers have 13 losing seasons in a row, what happens to George Webbs?