Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Into the unknown

I know I have said it many a time. A simple phrase to describe a reason not to go down to Summerfest. There ain't no one playin'. It was uttered by me a couple time over the last week about today, the 4th of July.

But that shouldn't stop anyone from going down to Summerfest. Think of it as opportunity. There are 11 stages. 11 stages of music. If I cannot find something to entertain me, amuse me, or make me cringe, then I think it is I that has failed. One needs to check out new music to learn what they may like or dislike. That is my mission today. To find a good band out there. Someone decent has to be be playing during the day. I intend to find them.

I had a fun time last night taking it easy at Big Mommas. I did manage to begin the process of breaking in the new bartender. We got him to talking and well before you knew it, he was giving us free beer. He may just make it as a bartender there.

Before I left today, I was listening to the new Bon Jovi disc, Lost Highway. I harken back to the 80s and 90s and can't help but think, when did these guys lose their balls? The music is ok. It ain't bad, but it doesn't rock. Way too mellow. I keep wondering when the guitars would come screaming in but it just ain't happening. The attempt at rock was We Got it Going. Hell, some of the other songs sound like a Don Henley album.

Makes me want to run out to my car and crank Bang Camaro. I am moments away from a cold beer. Do yourself a favor and get out and relax. Grab a cold beer or beverage of your choice and enjoy life. Raise 'em up high and rock on with your bad selfs!

No comments: