Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday bored

I am pretty bored at work right now. Got stuff done and don't feel like doing much more. Thinking too much about the weekend. Don't know why as I don't have anything planned. Maybe it is the thought of going away next week that has my mind occupied.

Or the 3 hour meeting this afternoon that will keep me at work until 5 or so. Working late on a Friday sucks. I am used to being out at 3:30. Now I may have to fight traffic. Or go across the street to the pub to relax and let traffic die down. Yeah, that's the ticket!

I was going to have an update on the Circuit City douchebag but I need to do some research. He may have a good point about the police arresting him but he is still wrong for not cooperation with the store. Still a douchebag in my book.

There is one thing that has kept me thinking about how this douche acted. Alan and Duggle feel like it is dehumanizing to be asked to verify you are not a shoplifter. I can understand that train of thought. Still don't think it is a big deal to be cooperative with the store to keep prices down by letting them look in the bag.

So my question to everyone that finds that to be a hassle...how much more are you willing to spend to not have to show your purchases to security when you leave? If you are buying something at Circuit City for $50, would you be more than willing to spend say $70 at a different store knowing the cashier would put your purchase in a brown bag and hand it over to you as you merrily walk away? What is the cost of not being dehumanized?

Ok, my mind is on my trip to Florida next week. Laundry, money, reading material, movie to watch on the plane. My mind is clogged with planning a week in advance. And if I am going to be able to sell a stock today before it falls of the table again.

Yeah, I may also be thinking about drinking after that meeting today too. Guinness sounds good.

Rock on with your bad selfs!

No comments: