Sunday, January 20, 2008

My nuts were frozen

The bank's sign read -5 when I walked down the street to the bar. I began to wonder how far off it might have been. The weather channel had said it was a warm 1 outside. Thus, I went out because I invoked the "hey, it isn't below zero" rule of drinking.

It wasn't as quiet at the bar as I had expected. It was bit empty at first but began to fill up. Good to see other people understand the "zero" rule. I didn't stay long. Just long enough to enjoy the company of friends before going out to make the cold trip home.

When I got into the truck last night, I spied the jar of peanuts I had on the seat. After downing some beers, peanuts sounded pretty good. I grabbed my nuts and found them to be very cold. Yes, my nuts were frozen.

I have yet to decide whether I will venture forth from a warm home to a bar to watch the games today. It isn't the cold that concerns me as much as getting buzzed up and having to wake up early tomorrow. Then again, it isn't like I haven't been slow at work on a Monday before. We'll see what happens. As they like to say, it is a game time decision.

No comments: