Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Back to the CD collection

Been a busy day. I didn't have time to comment on a list of the supposed best beer bars in Milwaukee so that will wait for another day. I did pull out another old CD and have been listening to it in the truck. Got me to thinking about those old discs once again so I thought I would give this a try once again.

The disc: Green Jelly aka Green Jello- Cereal Killers

Why did I buy this disc? Easy answer. This:


One of the funniest videos I have ever seen back on MTV. Actually, I think I saw the video elsewhere before I saw it on MTV. A friend had the video tape (remember those?) with videos for the entire album. Apparently they made the video first and then put out the CD. Plus it is a nice crunching riff.

When was the last time I listened to it? Probably 10 years ago when I last wanted to hear 3 Little Pigs.

Will I listen to it again sometime soon? Yes. When I feel like listening to the 3 Little Pigs again.

Would I recommend it to someone else? Maybe. You either like the foolishness of the songs or you don't. Cereal Killers and Obey the Cow God are pretty clever. Other stuff on the disc is just silly.

No comments: