Monday, August 17, 2009

Dodging potatoes

Things seem to be getting back to normal around here. It is August and it is humid, I spent a Sunday drinking beer and watching baseball and am wondering how crazy my tenants might be.

Let me know if I am out of line here but am I wrong to think that the backyard should not be used at their garbage disposal? Last I check it does not say "Insinkerator" on the wall but someone has decided that they can chop up their old fruit and vegetables and throw them off the porch.

Yesterday I pull out the mower to cut the grass. After having a cable break and getting it monkey rigged by a friend, I was able to make the yard look presentable. But first I had to kick the large apple cores to the street. As I was cutting the grass I ran into not one, not two, but three- 3!!!!- potatoes!!! WTF!?!?!

I tried to understand what the hell was going on here but I can't. Are they trying to feed the birds or something? Or some other wildlife? I know people say they have racoons going through their alleys but I haven't seen any around mine. I don't want them either. Hey, the fox can come and go but his friends just aren't welcome.

Besides, who the hell just dumps their garbage out in the yard?

But I did get the grass cut and rewarded myself with some beer and wings. The Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat was going down well. I favor that brew on a hot, humid day. It has a magical quality of refreshing and mellowing me out. Good stuff.

Guess it is time to get this work thing going for the week.

No comments: