Monday, September 14, 2009

Back in the saddle

I was hoping to get into talking about the fishing experience last week but I have spent too much time putting fires out at work. Seems like everyone had questions that no one could answer so they had to wait until I came back. At least they could have let me get caught up before bombarding me with requests.

It seemed like an easy one this morning. Only 275ish emails to go through, half of what I expected. Plus there wasn't a single voicemail waiting for me. I was shocked. Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket.

But the glee would be short lived. There was a security patch that needed to be downloaded which also meant rebooting the laptop. Usually not a bad thing but it takes about 15 minutes to reboot and get properly connected. I had to get out of the programs I was in and save the work before I lost everything.

From there I responded to the dopey questions first, the lame questions second, and the I-want-to-punch-you-in-the-face questions last.

It was then I discovered I have a project due tomorrow. I wasn't able to wrap this up before my time away due to a lawyer and my own boss having not made their contribution to the project. I came back to see the lawyer did a half-ass job (what a surprise!) and my boss nothing. Granted he has a lot on his plate but he is aware we want this done sooner than later. Maybe I will get it today and present something for tomorrow.

Now that I have some time to breathe I need to catch up on the Cowboys talk from yesterday. So far it seems I am the only one that was not too happy about how they played. Most are pointing at the W they posted but I can't get by how sloppy the defense was. It was like they hadn't practised tackling in training camp. Romo was hurrying throws in the first half before hitting his stride in the second. The stats make the game look better than it did.

Spent some time watching the Packers as well. I find it amusing how everyone is caught up in the preseason performance. They are talking Super Bowl. I find it hilarious. They may have a good team. May. But they are easily beatable. Chicago should have won that game last night. The Packer running game isn't that good. The pass protection needs help on the right side. Rodgers did play pretty good for a guy getting beat up. The defense looked good for running a new scheme but a better team would shove them around. A team like the Giants would expose the holes they have.

But it is only week 1. Lots of time for improvements.

1 comment:

AletaR said...

Sloppy Packer game. I'm glad for the win, but wonder what will happen when they play a real team.