Monday, March 29, 2010

You have got to be kidding me

It was just under 2 weeks ago when I asked my tenants to clear the common area of the basement of their dirty laundry. The reason is obvious. Who really wants to see someone else's dirty clothes piled up in heaps on and around their dryer? When I allowed them install a washer and dryer in the basement I explained that I didn't want to see their laundry down there whether it was clean or not. Last thing I want is for them to start smelling up the joint. I have had to ask them before to move out clothes that are heaped up or items that are hanging to dry. I don't keep my clothes down there and ask that they do the same. Bottom line: It is my house. Respect my rules. They are simple and not strict.

I didn't care what they did with the piles of laundry, which amounted to 4 baskets full. Maybe I should have. I figured they would use a closet or corner of a room. Nope. When I got home from work today, I couldn't help but notice what was on the back balcony. Yes, 4 baskets of laundry.

Let's put it out where anyone and everyone can see it. I wonder if any neighbor has noticed. I especially wonder if the nosy lady of the neighborhood has and if I she has stopped by for a visit.

As I watch the show Hoarding: Buried Alive, not to be confused with the other show simply called Hoarders- yes we have two shows about hoarding- I begin to think they may have this small problem up there. When they moved I couldn't help but think they had an awful lot of stuff. Apparently they have so much that they choose to the dirty laundry outside. I hope it doesn't rain any time soon.

1 comment:

AletaR said...

I hope nosey neighbor lady doesn't site them for the next Hoarders show. Put your foot down Steve!