Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Forward

I woke up today thinking it was Wednesday. Man, did that blow!

I always have a hard time getting back into the swing of things at work after a week off. The first day is rough but managable. If I keep focused I can get through the backlog and caught up by Tuesday morning.

But Tuesday morning is a bigger bitch. See the first sentence above. Right now I feel like there isn't enough coffee in the world to get me through this morning. But I am on pace to be caught up with stuff by lunch. Then I dive into the new work and slog through that. That stuff is easier though. I can tune out with some music and plow through it.

I just need to make Wednesday bearable. That will be tough as I meet with the boss today to figure out what is going on and what new assignments Iwill have for the next quarter. I'll either be cussing Wednesday morning or cruising through the day. I am praying it will be the latter.

***
As much as I like to follow politics, I am kinda getting sick of the crybaby attitude most people have. Wisconsin swore in a new governor yesterday. Scott Walker is a conservative who never raised taxes as Milwaukee County Executive. He tried to find ways to cut the budget, much to the chagrin of the County Board who would overrule his budgets and raise taxes anyways.

As governor, he has stated he wants to pave the way for new jobs, which is exactly what the state needs. The guy has yet to work one day in office and people were out protesting during his inauguration.

Really?

You are saying he has to go and he hasn't had a chance to work yet. How stupid are you? Wait, let me answer that. You want more jobs to be created. That is one thing you are out complaining about but you weren't out there when Doyle was in charge. The guy in the Capitol Building is talking about creating job. You would be happy but you are too stupid to listen.

Why? Because these are stupid sheep who are following the leads of union leaders. Union leaders who realize that they will now have to work as hard as the rest of us. No cushy contracts anymore. No bloated government with people doing very little. No beauracracy to stop non-union jobs from being created.

In other words, we can progress and live up to the state motto. Forward.

No comments: