Thursday, February 24, 2011

Waiting for the weekend

This has been a long week. Each work day has felt like one long dragged out session. Though I have been busy, the hours just couldn't go by fast enough.

I have been waiting for Friday to come. See, tomorrow I go back to the surgeon for him to inspect my gums. I fully expect great news that I am well on my way to a full and complete recovery, even though there is a slight discomfort on the lower left side of my mouth. I think it is from my tongue rubbing against my gum.

If I get that clean bill of health, it means I can possibly enjoy some really hot wings at Quaker Steak & Lube on Saturday. Being the winner of a baseball pool, I am entitled to all the wings and beer I can pile into my gullet. And having tried their Atomic wings last time, I was fully intending to do battle with the Triple Atomic this time around. But I have some doubts.

First of course is the fact that having surgery a week before and gums still in recovery, it might be pretty damn stupid to eat one incredibly hot food that could literally burn my gums. But being a guy, I figure some beer would easily kill the heat.

The second being that eating any solid food can be a bit painful when the food hits the back of the mouth on the healing area. Solid foods have been good and bad this week but there has been improvement as the week wore on.

At the very least, I'll be able to drink beer and have some wings. Thankfully they don't have breading on them or that could be dangerous.

No comments: