Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Finicky

I feel like I am in a battle with my cat. The old fart is driving me a bit nuts.

The cat is old. Very old. He is getting very finicky in his age. One day he loves his cat food, the next he hates it.

He has dropped quite a bit of weight over the last couple of months. His fat self is now skinny. When you pet him, you can feel his ribs.

That is why I have been trying hard to find some food he will eat. Because of his stubborness, I have had to get him more canned food. I used to get it for just as a treat but he stopped eating the dry stuff that I had to do something because he wasn't eating and just drinking water. Oh, and projectile vomiting said water because he would drink too much.

I feel this is a sign that the end is near. I really hope not.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I saw this with my two older cats - in my cats' cases, it was due to renal failure, and the symptoms are increased water intake (and outflow), as well as weightloss. The vet can prescribe some low-protein food that is easier on the kidneys which will help prolong their life if that's the case. I got 6 mo to a year from that...