Friday, August 27, 2004

Like the fella once said

ain't that a kick in the head! I come back to work and fill everyone in on how much jury duty sucked. During one conversation, somone burst my bubble. He asked how much I got paid for the day. It was a whopping $19. (I figured I could buy a round at the bar with money) Then he told me that I probably had to give the money to the company. Sure as shit, I look in the HR manual and it states that I need to sign the check over to the company because I am being paid my regular wage. Now, I have no problem with that. I make significantly more than $19 a day, but it just seems wrong to have to give up that cash. I was bored out of my skull for the entire day. Can't I just keep that and use it for other means? C'mon, I was forced to watch Sweet Home Alabama for crying out loud!!!


No comments: