Friday, August 06, 2004

Ugh, Friday

Yeah, I know what you are thinking. Yes, Friday!!! I disagree. No, not that I don't like the weekends. It is the fact that Fridays at work suck. There is no other way to put it. At least a quarter of the department takes off. The other half will leave around noon. I am stuck here for the day. And the day will drag on. Business in general is slow on summer Friday, so with no one doing any work, it becomes even worse. At 3:15, I will change my tune. Until then, ugh!

The State Fair is on. I am not much of a Fair person. To me, it is a rundown version of Summerfest, with barns full of animals and buildings with the latest and greatest gadgets. But they do have some decent bands playing all over the place. Plus, the fact that you can shop for the best beer prices in always interesting. I will probably go one day, maybe two, but it doesn't really do it for me.

Employment/new job numbers just came out. The market is tanking. This is going to be a fun day. The economy isn't as bad as some would make you think, but it just cannot recover smoothly.

Somehow I think the Brewers are following the economy. Since the All Star break, they have sputtered. Pitching has dropped off a bit. Hitting is close to non-existant. And the defense is biting.

At least there is football.

No comments: