Monday, December 20, 2004

Why do I bother?

I had been hoping that I could be telling you of the crazy stuff I saw in Vegas right now. But I can't. There is a week's worth of work sitting on my desk. It shouldn't be there. Why did I bother to show two people what needed to be done in my absence? I am a bit pissed right now. This is bullshit.

But then again, why should I be surprised? This happens every time I am out for a couple of days. You set up someone to do the work but they ignore it. I should be used to it by now. Anyways, things are going to have to wait a bit.

Of course it didn't help that I forgot to set my alarm this morning. Thus I was up an hour later than I usually would be. Couple that in with the snow coming down, moronic drivers, and I am behind the eight ball without even getting to work.

Then my boss wants to talk to me about a consulting position with the new firm. They need someone to help them out for a couple of months. That may work out well for me. I called the person in charge (there was a voice mail waiting for me as well) and left her a message. As long as I can work on my terms, this could be a nice bridge. Keep some income flowing as I look for a new job. Plus, it can hurt to pad a resume. We'll see how it goes.

It hurts to keep looking at the clock and think what time it is in Vegas and what I would be doing right about now. For the record, it would be 8:12, and I would be working on the fifth hour of sleep.

No comments: