Friday, April 22, 2005

Lightening doesn't strike the same place twice

But it can come close. Went back to play the same $5 multi at PokerRoom last night. This time around I finished in 15th winning only $17.50. If my K K holds up on A J, I make it to the final table and a chance to make a run. Oh well, I played well, better than Tuesday, so I can't complain.

I went to talk to a recruiter yesterday about a new job. I was quite surprised that they had me wait there for close to 15 minutes. I was staring at the clock, a bit shocked that they would place someone in a room and make wait like that. This wasn't the job interview, but a pre-interview. Who do these people think they are? I made a decision that if the clock hits 20 after the hour, I am out of there. I can apply directly through the company. Now, I am actually hoping they don't come into the room. I had it planned. Walk right out of the room, say nothing to the secretary, and get on the elevator. That would have been fun. Instead it started a minute later and she ended saying I probably wasn't qualified. She will pass me on but it doesn't look good. That means they will probably call me in anyways and I will have to go interview for a job that I may not get. That sucks.

No comments: