Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Interesting mail means a prize for someone!

I have gotten some rather interesting mail lately. I had someone offer to buy my house for 60k CASH! Yeah, when I am desparate enough to accept such a paltry sum, I will call him. I also like the realtor who sent the letter saying that some people expressed an interest in buying my house. I find that funny too. Someone drives by and thinks, Hey, I want that house!

I had some crazy nut job neighbor put a news article on my door suggesting I grow some flowery plant along a fence. I don't know why cuz I am not quite the flowery plant type of guy.

I got the annual begging notice from a charity. That is the one thing I loathe about charities. They keep coming back, wanting more. Hey, let me give it on my own. Don't assume anything. This particular charity got money from me 2 years ago. Last year they sent this "invoice" as well. This one will go where the other went as well. Garbage. Never assume I will give you more.
But my favorite was the coaster. Yep, a drink coaster showing someone drinking a martini on the front and 3 olives on the back. There is a web address where I can sign up to win a free martini party. If I win I can bring along 20 of my friends. My guess is that we will be hit upon for money but for free booze, I think we can handle it. So the first person that guesses what organization is having the drawing, wins a prize. Don't know what the prize is but it will be worthing at least $2.50. Yes, a whole two and a half bucks. I know everyone will want a piece of this sweet action so guess away.

6 comments:

AletaR said...

The Zoo or the Art Museum

AlCantHang said...

Alcoholics Anonymous?

James Wigderson said...

The Milwaukee Archdiocese.

Anonymous said...

Next Act (or Ren.) Theatre.

Anonymous said...

Summerfest-to advertise the new martini bar.

Anonymous said...

it was from the zoo... i got one as well.. so, i signed up and if i win i will invite you, steve!