Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Leper Man

After all the sun I got this weekend, my skin is beginning to peel. I could probably reenact the scene from The Breakfast Club where the Ally Sheedy character makes it snow by shaking the dandruff out of her hair onto the picture. For me, it would be rubbing my forehead. Soon my nose will be pink after that skin peels away.

I hope I don't get burnt on my Saturday bender.

I really wish I could slap my ex-coworker around right now. Just when you think you have the mess cleaned up, something new pops up. I now have to sift through 30 files that all have his name on it. Instead of naming a document in a descriptive manner (ex. SummerBeers), this dipshit would use his name. Now I have 30 files to review that look like this: Bob1, Bob2, Bob3, Bobby, Bobbie, Rob, Robbie, etc. If I could only have 10 minutes in the cage with him, I would feel oh so much better.

I got some new poker books to read yesterday. But because I hopped myself up on allergy pills, I didn't get to read much of them. I got home and fell asleep on the couch. It was a nice 30 minutes nap, but it felt like a waste of time. I could have been playing poker or something more productive.

Speaking of poker, I am playing in a big game on Sunday. Actually 2 big games. First is the Charlie tournament, a fund raiser for a victim of cancer. Charlie's family will choose where the money gets directed. That tourney is on Poker Stars and it cost just $20, with all money going to the cause- no cut by Poker Stars.

The second seems somewhat meaningless after that one. Well, not all that meaningless. I won my way into the Half Million Guaranteed tournament on Party. As it stood on Sunday, 1st place would win a cool $135k (if I read it right and did the math correctly). That sure would be nice. Not a bad return on equity for a $16 investment.

I probably should get back to work. I am up to my armpits in paper. The sleeves were rolled up an hour ago to hack through this mess. And hack I will!

1 comment:

The Bracelet said...

You need to get yourself some Allegra from your doc. It's the only allergy medication that has never shown to be sedating. The over the counter stuff is the worst. In fact, if you get Allegra D 24hour which comes out in a couple of weeks, you get the benifit of Allegra but also psuedoephedrine which should keep you awake if anything.

I'm a dork.