Friday, June 09, 2006

Sanitorium.....leave me be!

Sanitarium, leave me be
Sanitarium, just leave me alone
- Metallica

In lieu of the camping weekend ahead, and the fact I was too lazy to take a shower, I stayed in last night to catch up on some TV. Figured that giving the liver a break before the marathon was a good idea. Besides I had Spooked: The Ghosts of Waverly on the DVR to watch.

Waverly Sanitorium is known to be one of the most haunted places on earth. It has been featured on many of the shows about ghosts, hauntings, and the supernatural on TV. Still think it is the best feature of Scariest Places on Earth. Naturally, I was looking forward to seeing more evidence on the weird things that happen there.

Man, was I disappointed. Yeah, it was basically a documentary on the history of the place and the hauntings. It looks like it was made as they were filming the movie "Death Tunnel" at Waverly. Most of the "evidence" they showed was rather weak. Lots of fuzzy pictures and EVP (electronic voice phenomena) that were hard to understand until they told you what it was suppose to say.

Plus, they talked about "little brown impish creatures" that lurk on the grounds and show up in pictures. First time I had heard about these things in all the Waverly shows. The pictures they showed could have been anything. I didn't see any "impish creatures" in any of the pics.

Overall, the show was terrible as a haunting show. Ok as a documentary to give more background on the hospital but terrible as for new evidence. Basically, it looks like the owners of the place are looking to make coin on its history now. New pics or clips of the shadow people would have been better than what they showed.

The coffee I have this morning is pretty disgusting. Why am I drinking it?

Camping weekend is upon us. The weather does not look like it wants to cooperate either. Looks to be on the cool side with some rain. I am going to end up freezing my ass off at night. I will have to get extra liquored so I can sleep through it.

4 comments:

AWE said...

With the correct amount of liquor you will be able to see the little brown people.

F-Train said...

Santorum?

StB said...

Yeah, Waverly isn't a sanitarium, but a sanitorium. They treated tuberculosis, not the mental, though they did do electroshock therapy on old people when they made it a geriatric center.

Anonymous said...

Actually the fifth floor was reserved for those mentally unbalanced from the tuberculosis.

That's where the nurse hung herself and the patients had to swing her body out of the way to get through the door. No one knows how long she was hanging there but apparently the nurse for the next shift discovered her.