Thursday, July 20, 2006

Relapse and rain

Just when I thought I was feeling better, I had a relapse.

It really started on Tuesday night. Just before going to bed I didn't feel right. I even thought to myself that I may be running a fever. I would end up coughing and hacking up a lung through the night, waking up at 3:45 and laying around trying to fall back asleep. That would never happen.

As I tried to get through Wednesday, I felt like I was getting worse. My sinuses felt like they were on fire and my head had a constant little pain. I realized I didn't have a cold. Maybe it was a sinus infection. Or a tumor.

So I did a little research on the webby thing and came to no conclusions. I had some symptoms for a sinus infection but not enough to make it conclusive. Thus I realized I have a tumor. Frickin' great! Can't wait to tell my mom that. Well, after I get someone in the "medical" world to confirm it is a tumor.

Don't know why I stayed the whole day at work. I should have left after lunch, but something came up that I had to take care of. Then at 3 I could have left but stayed another 50 minutes. When I got home, I figured I could lay down for a quick nap and then go have some buckets to ease the pain. That quick nap ended up lasting 3 hours.

I am not quite sure how I feel this morning. I want to say I am doing better but don't want to be overly optimistic. One good sign was being able to sleep through most of the thunderstorm that came barreling through in the wee hours. The cat didn't quite like it, especially when I threw him off the bed for making too much noise. Hey, I needed my rest!

It looked like a good quantity of rain hit the ground in the storm. It also makes 6 times in a row that I have seen my tenant's car with the windows open right after it has rained. No, he doesn't have enough common sense to either close the windows when he hears it raining or to close them ahead of time when those bastard weather dudes say it will rain.

Just for Kim L....Floyd has faded away.

Just for me...Derrick Turnbow sucks! I have said it all season and I will continue to say it. Derrick Turnbow is not a closer. He is the worst "All Star" selection of all time. He must be dropped as no one in their right mind would trade for this worthless reliever.

Just for the camping gang...have a nice trip. Don't drink all the beer that the New Glarus Brewery has to offer. I need to get some Spotted Cow when I need it.

2 comments:

AWE said...

I am OCD about leaving my windows down. I had some stuff stolen as a teenager because I had my windows down, so now I make sure they are up anytime I leave the car.

Reenner said...

Between the fireworks, the air show and the wicked storms, my cat is about to have a heart attack. And now great...Festa all weekend and more fireworks.