Monday, September 25, 2006

The bending of the globe

I had myself a great time this past weekend. Big thanks again to Al and Big Mike for setting up a place for drunken degenerates to gather, all in the name of a good cause.

I got really wrecked on Saturday. Thus, some of the good stories probably won't resurface until days from now. Then I will need to check sources to make sure they weren't part of some strange dream. Or just something really stupid I said.

Like "It's the bending of the globe."

A discussion broke out on who had to travel further to get to Philadelphia, Brandon from Seattle or Joe Speaker from Los Angeles. Or was it Oakland/San Francisco? Whatever.

Anyways, in my mind I was thinking that with the curvature of the Earth, and Seattle being further north, it would be in line with Philly. But instead of saying "curvature of the Earth", it came out "the bending of the globe". I realized immediately what a stupid thing had just come out of my mouth. I looked around to see if anyone had heard it. Before I could get away, there was Al, looking at me like I was the biggest retard in the history of big retards. Shit. Busted!

It was in the beginning of a no repeat beer day at the Boathouse. My mental focus was on which one of the many beers I would be enjoying next. My mind was elsewhere people.

That is my excuse and I am sticking to it.

No comments: