Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday off to a bad start

Or at least not the start I was looking for.

I was out until just after midnight yesterday. I enjoyed a couple gin & tonics, followed by wine at dinner, and late evening beers. I think the bartender was hitting on me. I wouldn't mind normally but it was a guy tending bar. Not my thing- not that there's anything wrong with that.

He did say one of the nicest things ever said to me though: "You work at a brewery? You sure know your beers." If I was a chick, I probably would have banged him on the bar. But I am not and took my compliment and beer and walked away. Quickly.

I would like to get into more detail about the beers last night and other activities but work has raised its ugly head this morning. I was planning on one of those lay-low-do-very-little-and-watch-the-time-pass-by Fridays. Where more work was placed into taking the long route downstairs to get a Coke. Where strategic planning was how to schmooze my way into a donut.

Instead I have a major issue pop up and I have to talk with the boss and see if heads are going to roll.

Maybe I can get to the beer talk later. Need to mention the monkey wrestling.

No comments: