Thursday, December 21, 2006

Just about over

It is the final stretch. Just a couple days before Christmas and people are running around trying to get their shopping done. With all my action in the rear view mirror, I like it that I can kick back and relax.

All I need now is for the stupid commercials to end. I am sick of hearing about the "best sale of the season" that you have had each weekend. I am tired of all the dumb ass jewelry commercials that they bombard us with. But there is one commercial that pisses me off the most.

The one for a cell phone and some dipshit who downloaded the Clash's Rock the Casbah for his ring tone and he doesn't even know the fuckin' words. Though it is his favorite song and has been around for about 20 fuckin' years, this guy, King of all Idiots, still doesn't know the words.

Yes people, they think we are all idiots. Someone deserves a good slap upside the head for not only coming up with the idea but having it go forward into actually be used.

Ok, some women that are yapping away just refer to some guy as "Scott half and half". They claim it was because of his coffee order. Yeah, sure. I bet is has been adding his cream to one of the workers coffee if you know what I mean.

Today I am totally on cruise control. Me and my thick blooded, punctured arms are going to kick back and do very little today. The work on my agenda today is simple stuff. Stuff I can lean back in my chair, listen to music, furrow my brow and look at the ceiling as if I am thinking really hard about how to word an email when I really am thinking about when I am going to the bar tonight kind of stuff.

I am looking ahead at the next 4 days where I can sleep in, do very little during the day, and get drunk at night.

Sigh. I do love the holidays.

No comments: