Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The best drunk of all time

"He chose instead to pack his days with as much insane, drunken fun as
they could hold. Instead of languishing in the darkness, he chose to walk in the
sun."

Now that is something I would like to be said at my funeral.

Of course you are wondering who this was. The best drunk of all time. The article is a must read. While the stories of his drunken antics are hilarious, the amount of booze consumed is monumental.

He was a drinking God among men.

Update: I think I may have acted too hastily in declaring Andre the Giant the best drunk of all time. When I got out of work and turned on my cell phone, there was a voicemail waiting for me. My phone had been charging all night so I missed it. At first, I didn't recognize the voice, but I would figure it out. See, I understand drunkenese. I can sort out the slurs and understand what the boozer on the other end is saying.

So it didn't take me long to understand what Terry was saying. As I listed to the call, I realized that maybe Terry could be declared one of the best drunk women of all time. But before I can do so, I declare it to be an open contest. Over the next number of months I will figure out who the best drunk woman of all time is. Or I may forget after those months are gone. Who knows.

No comments: