Thursday, January 11, 2007

The more things change, the more they stay the same

It didn't take long for the Democrats to screw things up. First thing, let's take a day off for football. Nah, the people that voted us in to office don't expect us to work on Monday like everyone else. I mean, we control Congress, we can do what we want!

Let's also hike up the minimum wage right away. We don't need to have talks on this either. We don't need to think out the process and figure out the effect it may have on the economy. So what if the bottom line is that prices go up for consumer goods and companies not only slow down hiring of workers, but lay off workers too. I think the small business owner can handle it.

Because the people who have no job skills will make more money. Sure they may not realize that the same bottle of soda they paid $1.20 for just got raised to $1.75 right away or that they entire raise they received will not cover the higher cost of living. But we gave them more money and that is good. Ain't it?

Yep, a new group of morons reside in D.C. Listening to the voice of the people just as they promised. Change? Ha!

****
It is going to be one of those days. As I left for work, I noticed a Starbucks gift card I received last month. I paused and stared at it. Though I now have a Starbucks just down the street, I never go there. The coffee is ok. Not great. I began to wonder if they sold whole bean coffee at the regular stores. I see it at the grocery store and figure it would be a logical thing to do. I then thought I would send an email to a friend of mine who goes there a lot. Hell, she moved in right next to the place.

I sent the email. Just after I did, I realized how stupid I must look. The email read "Do they sell coffee at Starbucks?" Nice. Way to leave out "whole bean". Because it went to a different company I cannot recall it. Ah, I think I am getting this stupid look down pat.

****
It is damn cold in the office today. Irish coffee would sure be good right about now.

No comments: