Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Swirling

Once again I found myself awake at 4 in the morning. This time was mind was swirling with some research I had done the night before. I know how it is when you are trying to prove a point. You do a bunch of Google searches and no matter how many times you tweak the search parameters, you never seem to find what you are looking for. In this case, it was good, as having no results validated my theory. Well, partially does.

But there was something else bugging me. Thus I sat awake with my mind racing around. I was tempted to go log on but decided I was much better off trying to get some more sleep. That didn't work well so I went into work early.

The day has been very quiet. Took care of one meeting and have one for later today. Been answering questions here and there as I don't have much on the plate this week. In fact, the highlight of the day may have been adding bacon to the cucumber and tomato salad. Everything is better with bacon.

When I get home, I will have to deal with the tenants. Somehow the shower hose has sprung a leak. Far as I can tell, hoses just don't spring leaks. If there is any sign of crimping, I am making them pay for it.

The whole thing wouldn't matter that much to me if I didn't need to replace my own tub faucet. I have procrastinated on this for a couple of months already. I only need to place a call to a plumber to get the job done. I would attempt to do it myself but I cannot a replacement faucet plus it looks like it would be a pain in the ass. See, I have an old style clawfoot tub. I never thought finding a moderately priced faucet would be such a hassle. Plus I am not positive there is a standard one size fits all faucet.

Two weeks until I hit Vegas. The wait will feel brutal.

No comments: