Monday, October 29, 2007

Beer, football, pizza, repeat

My weekend can be summed up by the title. Drinking beer, watching football, eating pizza and repeating the following day. Life is good. I still have leaves all over my yard that need a raking but those can wait. I am hoping things get windy outside and nature decided to clear them off of my sidewalk and lawn.

I just had to get out yesterday and watch some football. With no Cowboys or Packers games on for the second Sunday in a row, I couldn't stay cooped up inside my house. Plus, I didn't want to be bothered by stupid trick or treaters coming by, not knowing they were suppose to prowl the neighborhood on Saturday night. Even if it would be a crappy Lions/Bears game I had to watch, it would be better than anything else on the tube.

That would lead to a beer soaked brain and a "normal" night of fitful sleeping. Though I went to bed around 11, I woke up just before 1 feeling like I had slept all night. I was a tad perplexed on how 2 hours of sleeping caused me so much confusion. For the next 4 hours, I would wake up every 30 minutes feeling like my alarm didn't go off. I even dreamed I was dreaming about my alarm clock. Strange. Having a clock take place of naked women in my dreams is not a good thing.

This week should be rather interesting. The boss is coming into town and it will be review time. I will have to dig up all of my "accomplishments" from throughout the year and do my own cheerleading about how great I am. If my boss simply worked out here I wouldn't have to go through this charade. Alas, it must be done.

No comments: