Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Quickies

Can't we all use a quickie? Well, in this case, it is just quick thoughts. Nothing messy, nothing that requires a towel for cleaning up.

On the drive home yesterday, the traffic was coming to a halt. I was a tad pissed because the traffic report mentioned nothing of this. I only had to deal with a mile of slow traffic until I saw the sheriff's car blocking a lane. A BMW had either spun out or hit a truck, kissed the wall and was now facing the wrong way. Couldn't help but wonder what this idiot was thinking and how he wrecked his car and how I didn't feel sorry for him/her.

I did feel bad for the janitor at work the other day. He had to spend the whole day working on something in the men's room. Though he was on a ladder, halfway into the ceiling, it still must be kinda disgusting to hear men's bodily noises emanating from below. I wonder why he just didn't close off the restroom for use?

The first two days of the week went by quickly. Usually the week after the short holiday week takes forever. Did I just curse myself for mentioning this? If these next couple days drag on, I will be pissed.

Stupid people never cease to amaze and amuse me. The story about the guys wheeling the dead guy into the cash checking store is fantastic. I love how the reporters don't hold back and begin the story with "two dopes wheeled a dead man around " and the fact that they people trying to get the check cashed were in their 60s. Weekend at Bernie's is alive! Watch, this movie will now reappear on HBO or USA within the next two weeks.

Go read these:
Pauly has his latest edition of Truckin' up. Always worth reading.
Bill has a good post about bars in Thailand. It is worth reading. I like the quick paragraph about Paul at the Yorkshire Inn. It reminds me of someone I know who used to own a bar.
I have added some new links on the side. Betty Underground, In Search of Walden, Uncle Bracelet. Go ahead, click on them, you know you will enjoy them.

Ok, pull your pants up and get back to work. The quickie is over.

No comments: