Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Trip to the store

I thought I would sleep well knowing that pizza boxes should be thrown in the garbage but I was mistaken. For whatever reason, I found myself tossing and turning last night. I knocked the cat of the bed when he went into jackhammer mode and began scratching his chin. For a light sleeper like me, that will instantly wake me up.

I was at one of my favorite places last night. The grocery store. It wasn't the usual freak show though. Instead of scurvy old people, it was scurvy young people. Like the kid who was wearing short pants and a sleeveless t-shirt. My guess is he was showing on his tattoos. I would be willing to bet he doesn't know what most of the Japanese ink on him says. I watched him and his buddy grab a bag of Doritos and complain about the price. Apparently they had only so much to spend and those chips had to be purchased. I was hoping he would go to the laundry detergent aisle next since those clothes needed it, but nope, he was off to get the soda.

I couldn't help but notice how picked apart the deli was. I was looking for some slice turkey and found just scraps left. I then saw that the prepared food (you know, the potato salad, cole slaw, meatloaf, salisbury steak, and other nukable meat meals) was pretty much ravaged too. I have never bought anything from that section and if I wanted to last night, I couldn't. Unless I wanted some stuffed green peppers. No, I passed, but someday, I will venture forth and get one of the insta-meal meats.

After leaving the store, I found myself navigating Lake Oklahoma&Chase. The sewer was clogged and the whole corner was flooded. If you had to wait for a bus there, you needed waders. The funny part was, just one intersection east at Oklahoma and Howell, there had been a cop car with flares that had closed off a couple lanes of traffic. As I passed the intersection, someone from the sewer department had shown up apparently to unclog the drain because when I went by there again, all the water was gone. How did one intersection about 6 blocks away elude them?

Want a show that will make you laugh out loud? Watch the Big Bang Theory on CBS, Monday nights. Very funny. I guarantee you will laugh or I will buy you a beer.

1 comment:

OMW said...

i watched that show the other night----you owe me a beer.