Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Blurry

This weekend seems to have been one big blur. Wake up, recover, go to festival, drink, watch band, go to bar, stay way too late, and then crash. Wake up the next day and do it all over again. No wonder it was hard getting out of bed at 5am today.

Basically the summer has ended with the roar of Harley’s leaving town. Only in Milwaukee does that seem fitting. People in this city will find ways to block streets, throw up a stage and sell beer whenever they can. Whether it is the local motorcycle company, beer barons, or an ethnic group, we find a way to get outside, drink and listen to music.

Now it is back to the grind of work. I am still hurting from a day at the ballpark followed by wings at Hooters. It was at Hooters that I officially hit the wall. I hadn’t eaten much all day. Fact is I was filling my stomach with beer instead of food and then ate the wings too fast. My stomach started to churn a bit and then I got a wicked bout of the hiccups. It was then I knew I had enough and it was a good thing the long weekend was over.

It went out on a good note though. Not sure why I had overlooked the Parmesan Garlic sauce at Hooters. I think I had considered it to be the same as a garlic sauce at a different joint and dismissed it. I am glad I gave it a go. The sauce was damn close to BW3’s spicy garlic. It had a kick and was smooth. Can’t wait to go back and do some more testing.

No comments: