Thursday, September 04, 2008

Who?

I must start the day with a hat tip to BG. I always enjoy the article links he has listed in his widget. Sometimes they are for being just being lunatics and others that provoke genuine thought. And sometimes it is a link that is vital for mankind.

Today he gave us a link for the NFL TV Distribution maps. Don't live in an NFL franchise town? Want to know what team will be on TV where you live? Click away to see what teams you will see battling on the gridiron. Being a Cowboys fan in Wisconsin, I find this map to be a weekly click to help with my planning. Check out week 1. And you wonder why they are called America's Team?

I see that Oprah's mom doesn't want to pay for her clothes. Rather that pay the $155,000 bill she hired not one, not two, but three lawyers to work on the case. Why 3? Can't one of them walk into the house, open the closet door and see what she has?

Even better is the unknown Green Bay Packers player who thought he could talk his way out of a ticket because, well, he is a Green Bay Packer. Anthony Cole (who???) was busted for doing 88 in a 65 zone. He tried to pass off an NFL ID with his driver's license but the sheriff was taking it. Best line:


“He (Cole told Rauls) gets stopped all the time in Green Bay and doesn’t get a
ticket,” according to the report, “because he plays for the Green Bay Packers.”


Maybe he should have tried the Michael Irvin line of "Do you know who I am?"

I was a tad upset I missed most of Sarah Palin's speech last night. I really wanted to hear what she had to say. I did catch some of it on the radio and read the transcript today. The best line I heard from her last night was easily this one:

In politics, there are some candidates who use change to promote their careers.
And then there are those, like John McCain, who use their careers to promote
change.

Well said. You can read the entire speech here. I do have one problem with it. New-clear? They had to type it out as new-clear for her to read?

That is it for now. Hurricane Gustav is coming and I need to find a bar on a hill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are totally right sir. That's a real slick line she delivered. It especially convey's the ideals of the republican party and lays out with pinpoint detail the issues that are important to all Americans.