Thursday, January 08, 2009

Anyone remember these guys?

Saw this over at Czabe.com today and it had me in stitches. Too funny!



Back later.

Ok I am back.

I was digging through my CD collection (yes, I still have a lot of CDs. Don't have the fancy schmancy MP3 plug in my car or truck) looking for something to listen to in the truck. It is a 6 disc changer so I can load it up maybe once a month and be good for a while. Sometimes I have an idea of what I want to hear but most times I look for something I haven't heard in a long time or a disc that makes me go huh?

I grabbed two discs that a friend in Colorado gave me last month. I then saw the Motley Crue Dr. Feelgood case went with that. Kept the Metallica Death Magnetic in. The fifth disc escapes me right now. I kept looking over the rack of CDs and stopped at one. I had no clue what it was at first.

The Clarks.

Anyone remember these guys? The disc was Let it Go. I looked at the songs and had no idea which one made me buy this so many years ago. Only one way to find out. I popped it into the magazine and went to the truck to go to the bar. I put the Clarks on first to find the song that made me buy it in the first place. Wasn't track one or two. Maybe track 3, Better Off Without You. This one rang a bell. A good tune, but I don't think it is why I bought this disc. I pressed on until I came to the song Chasin Girls. Bingo! A simple rock song that makes sense.

I wonder how many more discs I have like this, music that I have not listened in many many years. I should make a list of CDs I have that either I didn't know I owned or make me cringe and feel embarrassed to admit I have. Could be good for a laugh at least.

No comments: