Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Summer breeze, makes me feel fine

I was in work early again. This is becoming more of a habit than I would like. At least it wasn’t cold in the building. In fact, it was pretty mild outside at 5:40 in the morning. I didn’t need my jacket. With temps expecting to hit close to 60 it looks to be a beautiful day ahead.

As I stare outside at the sunshine, watching the snow melt to expose mud and dead grass, I can’t help but think of the months ahead. Time to do some planning I guess. Beyond the camping trips, Summerfest, Brewers games, there are some other events brewing. I may be hosting some friends when Phish comes to Alpine. On the offside chance there is an extra ticket I may even take in the show. After watching Steven Adler whacked out of his skull on heroin in an episode of Sober House I think I can handle Wookies on acid or hippies stoned our of their gourds. I figure I can scam their beer easier when they are messed up.

A trip to Chicago for a Cubs game from the rooftop is also in the works. I should get on the ball and follow up on that. A trip to the Northwoods may also be possible. Heck, about the only thing that may not happen is a stint to Vegas. I may hold off on that until the end of the year. May. I will probably change my mind in month or two when I get the itch and see a cheap flight coupled with free rooms.


I have also developed a bad habit. Surfing for new iPhone apps. It is so bad that I stop the DVR to watch the iPhone commercials just to see what they are talking about. I spent 3 minutes going over an ad in the Wall Street Journal re-reading each of the items described. I will look these things over and then grab the phone and head to the app store so I can download whatever I like. When I get bored at work I go off and do searches on “best iPhone apps”. Cheap apps are great but free ones are better. It is like a disease and the only cure is an app that will give me play by play for the upcoming baseball season.

Now if only I could find a way to order drinks from the thing…

1 comment:

J. Gambino said...

I got some iPhone app recommendations from Food & Wine mag. I will be sure to get them to you. Also, good call on the Seals & Crofts. Definitely got the urge to camp.

This is the best thing! Your word verifcation is PROST!