Sunday, May 31, 2009

Just what I needed

I slept like a rock last night. About 9 hours if I am not mistaken. I probably would have tried to sleep a bit longer but the sun was shining in and seemed brighter than normal. I try to strategically place the pillow over my face to shield the sun but any time I moved it slid and the bright light greeted me.

It was a low key group camp. We had a good time but it just seemed different. Maybe the long work week had taken its toll on everyone. I know it had taken me to the edge. I didn't get out of work until just after 6. Staying that late on a Friday is unheard for me. But made my way down Hwy 94 to Bong and had a beer in my hand no later than a minute after parking the truck. Work week over, weekend begins. Got friends and beer. I didn't need anything else.

Now that I am back home, I have a bunch of clothes on the floor behind me. Some are clean, some need to be washed. Not sure why I didn't toss them in the machine. I had to mow the lawn and get the trimming done. It reminded me that I have a sofa and love seat to dispose of still. Need to call a friend and see if he wants them for his basement. Otherwise I call a charity to have them come pick them up. Still in good shape so there is little reason why they shouldn't take them. I would go the Craigs list route but that requires more work than it is worth. Plus the tax benefit is probably better.

Now I have hours to get my brain in shape for the week ahead. Each day will be a long one. I am prepared for it though. Hopefully the week starts out in good fashion. I had some jobs running over the weekend. It would suck to go in and find nothing happened. Worse yet, the IT guys that run this particular application are not as response as I would like them to be.

No comments: