Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Why do breweries open up so late?

Heading across the state tomorrow to a campground. Planning on doing a little camping, fishing, gambling and whatever else may arise. En route to the site, I planned on hitting up some breweries along the way. With Tyranena, New Glarus, Capitol Brewing, and Ale Asylum along the path it should be easy to stop in and have a beer or two along the way.

Or so I thought.

Most of these places don't open until 3. So far Ale Asylum is the one that is only a slight detour and looks to serve beginning at 11. That falls right into my schedule. Capitol Brewing is out of the way and won't work. The detour for New Glarus is manageable but they won't be open. Tyranena will have to be saved for the drive back.

So instead I may have to substitute a brew pub for brewery. I could stop by the Grumpy Troll in Mt. Horeb for a late lunch and sample their craft. I guess that will have to do.

No comments: