Friday, October 23, 2009

Crybaby rockstars

If there is one thing in this world that I truly dislike it is a crybaby rock star. They tend to believe they are more important that others. That their thoughts and opinions carry more weight than you or I. They tend to be needy little bastards that cry for attention. They usually act like pansies.

I laughed out loud when I saw this story last night. Musicians Protest Use of Music at Gitmo. Especially this:

Pearl Jam, R.E.M., and Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails are among the
musicians who have joined the National Campaign to Close Guantanamo, which
launched Tuesday. On behalf of the campaign, the National Security Archive in
Washington is filing a Freedom of Information Act request seeking classified
records that detail the use of loud music as an interrogation device.
"At Guantanamo, the U.S. government turned a jukebox into an instrument of
torture," said Thomas Blanton, executive director of the archive, an
independent, nongovernmental research institute.

As I said before. What a bunch of pansies. Loud music used as an interrogation device. Let me get this straight. Americans listening to loud music at ear ringing decibels is called a concert. Terrorists listening to the same thing is torture. I guess it would be if you had to listen to Pearl Jam for a long time.

There are some that believe the use of the theme from Sesame Street was wrong. That having to lisen to "meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow", aka the Meow Mix Jingle of years ago, was diabolicle.

It doesn't matter than the use of loud music may not have been used since 2003. These artists still want to feel needed and outraged that something they penned could have been used to make their country safer.

I couldn't help but notice no metal bands are crying like babies. Metallica, AC/DC, Drowing Pool and Slayer had their music used. I didn't see them having a problem, though now that I have said this somone will probably show me a link with Lars Ulrich denouncing this.

No comments: