Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Pop

I was going to talk about the Packers game or how the government is planning on extorting money from banks but something weird just happened that has me it a state of amazement. For the last couple of days I have had this knot on the back of my knee. Not behind the kneecap mind you. The back of the leg right above where the knee bends has been really tight over the last couple of days. It can be annoying when walking but overall isn’t too bad.
I Googled “knot in back of knee” to get an idea of what it might be. I figure it was just a sore tendon or something. Whatever it was I figured it would go away with time as long as I took it easy. My search came back with anything from a sore muscle to blood clots. Blood clots? Interesting. I wasn’t too impressed with the results and went back to work.

Well, actually I went to the restroom to take care of some business. As I came walking back to my desk, I felt a pop in my leg. I have heard athletes talk about hearing a pop during an injury or feeling a pop but I had never experienced one myself. Soon after the pop, I could feel that tightness lifting away. The lingering pain was gone moments later.

I am not sure what the heck just happened but it feels better. For now at least. For all I know a blood clot was just released and will soon be in my lungs killing me. If I post something about the Packers game or banks later today you will know I am still alive. Until then I have a meeting to go to.

1 comment:

AletaR said...

Nice! We'll be checking on you later. If it was a clot you should be able to look at the back of your leg and see it.