Saturday, January 23, 2010

That was a rough work week. Lots of things popped up that required immediate attention. It is what I like about my job. Handling the spontaneity. But when there is a lot in a short time span it prevents me from getting other work done. That means I have to come in early and stand late to get it all done. At the end of the week it wasn't all done. I'll be making a trip down to Chicago on Monday which means there will be even more come Tuesday. Still happy to be employed and doing a job I like so don't interpret this as a complaint. Just a rant.

The week really had me worn down. I came home yesterday, worked out, drank 4 Leinenkugels before I fell asleep with the TV on. I was wiped. I felt pretty damn refreshed this morning so looking forward to getting out and having a couple brews with friends.

I find it hard to believe I spent time doing my taxes this morning. Hard to believe because I have received exactly one tax form. I started plunking away with rental and charity items. I have a bad feeling I will be paying this year. Having pared down my withholding and having a good year in the market makes it feel like a certainty. No need to worry about that now.

Time to go play some poker.

No comments: