Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sad

When you like sports, you end up losing a bit of your life to your devotion. You grow up with a favorite team, put a lot of time and money into it, get the gear, and live and die by the weekend. When times are good you are flying high and no one can deter you. When they are bad you feel the pain and wallow in it.

But there is something else. The inbetween.

The spot where you think your team is good, should be good, and then realize they stink.

Yes, I am there. I feel sad inside but can admit it. My Dallas Cowboys stink.

Bad.

Well, not as much as the offense than the defense. Old Man Kitna played well today. 3 of the interceptions were not his fault. But the defense did nothing to help him out. They were bad. No, they were sad. No, they were pathetic.

I feel like putting their face on the side of a milk carton. Have you seen the Dallas Cowboys defense? They were last seen kicking the crap out of the Philadelphia Eagles in the first round of the NFL playoffs in January of 2010.

Since the 2010 season began, they slowly disappeared. Beginning with the embarassing display against the Giants, they failed to show again against the Jaguars. They left me cussing the TV in disgust.

I guess I should correct myself at this point. The offense hasn't been pristine. Felix Jones bopped a catch into the air leading to an interception. So did Miles Austin. And Roy Williams. Are you sensing a pattern here.

This Cowboys team should be better. Should. But as they play, they shown they are not. They go up to Green Bay next week for a Sunday night game. That is the last time they will be playing on a Sunday in a while. That is a good thing. They cannot embarrass themselves anymore. Beside Thanksgiving that is.

I shall continue to support my Dallas Cowboys. You can blast me for being a realist, but that doesn't matter. I rather be grounded in reality than a long shot of what could possibly happen. Until the defense proves me otherwise, that is where I will be.

1 comment:

AletaR said...

Nothing wrong with supporting your team.