Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010

Another year goes by and I sit and think, eh. Don't get me wrong. I had a lot of fun in 2010. Went to some new places and met up with friends.

I had the chance to be a part of Mastodon Weekend in Greenville, South Carolina. Went up to Minneapolis to see the new ballpark the Twins play in. Went down to St. Louis for two Brewers games at Busch Stadium. Hit up Vegas twice and spent some good night camping with friends.

I was gainfully employed all year and was quite happy with money situation. I was able to help some people that weren't as lucky as well. I spent more time volunteering than I had in the past which was quite satisfying.

It was a pretty good year for me.

Makes you wonder why I say eh to the end of the year. I just ain't the New Years blowout party kind of guy. Going out and getting drunk in bars isn't the same. I rather spend time with my friends at a private gathering. Everyone is real and when the wish you a Happy New Year, it means more than the words. That made the decision on what to do tonight much easier.

See, I will have a lot more fun tomorrow. I'll watch friends jump into a cold Lake Michigan. From there we'll probably hit up this little bar in Bay View before heading back to my place for the Wisconsin Badgers and the Rose Bowl game.

I decided to throw a party for the game tomorrow. I tossed out the idea a couple weeks back and everyone jumped on the idea. I have spent the week cleaning up and removing the clutter. Yesterday I cooked up a pork shoulder and have it sit in some BBQ sauce for the last 24 hours. I am thinking it will be tasty by game time.

I got a decent mix of beer. Domestic for those who don't care and some Rogue, Flying Dog, and Dogfish Head for someone who would like to try some damn good beer. I may not let anyone have the Rogue Shakespeare Chocolate Stout though. Been looking forward to that one.

And if we run out of beer, we always have a liquor store a block away. Or if the game is over, we can head up to Romans Pub for some more damn good beer.

Hmm... now I feel like a party.

Happy New Year everyone. Be safe, have fun, and be good to one another.

No comments: