Saturday, May 07, 2011

Deathbed

I feel like shit. I can barely move without losing my breath and wheezing and coughing. It feels like a 30 pound bag of cement in on my chest.

I didn't see this coming. Two days ago my sinuses were driving me crazy. I just figured it was allergies. But somehow it went south and I woke up at 2 in the morning trying to breathe.

I could sit up and catch my breath but every time I laid back down I would begin to cough and breathe hard. I ended up on the couch sitting up right. That didn't work well. Sure I was able to breathe better but I really didn't sleep.

This afternoon it is a pain to just move around. I went down stairs to do laundry and was wheezing by the time I got back up stairs. We are talking about 10 steps.

I have been told to get some Vicks VapoRub and slather it on my feet and chest. I would do that but I would get winded just getting to the car. The walk from the parking lot to the inside of Walgreens may kill me. Not to mention the walk back to the car and then the walk to the house.

I probably should see a doctor and find out what may be wrong with me. It could be just a chest cold. Could be pneumonia. Strange thing to me is how sudden it came on and that I don't feel like I have a fever. Thus it makes me doubt it is pneumonia. I just know if I feel like this come Monday I am going to a clinic. I hope it doesn't come to that.

No comments: