Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011

There is just over 10 hours left in the year as I type. 2011 had its trial and tribulations. Many highs and lows but a year more memorable than others.

Losing my mother has weighed heavy on my mind lately. Knowing she is in a better place and not in pain makes it easier to handle. Thankfully I have great memories and no regrets. I still miss you Mom.

It also felt like 2011 wanted to get one last dig in on me in December. I got a notice from the IRS that my tax return from 2009 was wrong. This made no sense to me as I looked over what they were claiming and found everything on my Schedule D. The strangest part is they wanted me to pay taxes on two tax free money market funds. My response was promptly sent along with my supporting documents- basically what they already have- and now I wait to hear back from them. Fun times indeed!

Let's move onto some of the better things. I had a nice trip to California to see the Big 4. Enjoyed a nice weekend with friends among the biggest of the thrash bands. Vegas was a blast as it always is. Plus there were some good times with friends at camping.

Looking back it was a good year in music too. One of my favorite bands, Night Ranger, had a solid album out. That was followed up by Anthrax and Steel Panther creating some good work too. But the best of the year probably came from the Foo Fighters. The song Walk helped me get through the rough times earlier in the year.

I'll be joining some friends tonight for some cocktails but won't be doing anything totally silly. I really don't feel the need to do that stuff anymore. Unless it just happens of course.

Hoping anyone who reads this has a safe and prosperous new year. Cheers!

No comments: