Friday, January 18, 2013

Carpentry

Over the last couple of months I have found myself building things. Entertainment centers, rolling carts. wine racks. Seems like the tool kit has been in use more often that not lately.

I have notice a pattern while working on these projects. When working on something, I will usually have to take it apart at some point. Whether I have used the wrong bolt/screw, or the piece is turned around, there is very good chance that a couple steps later I'll be scratching my head wondering why something isn't lining up.

Or even more aggravating, I'll have a screw that just doesn't want to go in all the way.

Last night I was putting together a new TV stand for myself. When I bought some new furniture 3 years ago I swore I would buy a couple other things. Like new pillows for the couch. That only took 2.75 years. A new TV stand was the other. 3 years later, I've move out this old book case and crappy little TV stand for something new and nice.

And I only had to take it apart once. Ok, technically it should have been twice but screw that long cover board for the back. Had I put that on I wouldn't have noticed that the drawers weren't on properly.

Speaking of drawers, that is where the screw is. A screw that holds the drawer fixture in place. Damn thing didn't want to go in all the way. It has about an 1/8 of an inch sticking out. The drawer still fits in but it scrapes a bit again that screw. I think I'll take a drill to it tonight. Last night I realized if I kept going I was going to strip the hell out of it so I stopped. Maybe if I loosen it up a bit I can use the drill to get some momentum and drive it home. That or I'll never use the middle drawer.



1 comment:

Memoriesshot said...

Invite : http://memoriesshott.blogspot.co.uk/