Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Survivor Saturday

While drinking, I agreed to go camping with some friends. I agreed to this a couple of months ago and was fine with it. But after watching Survivor, I am a little apprehensive about this coming weekend. I am a city boy. If I go up north, I stay in a cottage, not a tent. I wake up at 6:30 and go online to play poker. Unless I can wake everyone up that early in the morning to play cards (and not get my ass kicked!), I have no clue what I am going to do. But heck, life is about experiencing new things. The lure of the infamous pudgy pies and beer has got to make up for it.
So I go to the store to buy food for this weekend. I made a deal with E (aka Lunchbox) that I will buy the food and he will buy the alcohol. I figure I am making out like a bandit on this one. What he doesn't realize is that I am not buying any food. He will be eating leftover wings from Indy race on Sunday (HA! just kidding). I am walking through the store grabbing stuff here and there- plates, forks, brats, etc. I am about to leave when I remember to go get some burgers. I head to the frozen food section to buy that bag of premade burgers. I look at what they have and notice one package is a buck cheaper. Hmmm... Same size as every other one, so why is it cheaper? The tag with the price mentions 78%. Every other bag of burgers is bragging about being 100% beef. Is this one just 78% beef? Of course the box doesn't specify, but it isn't bragging about being pure beef. I was tempted to buy it just to figure out what the other 22% of those burgers were. Hell, I could just sit back and watch E eat them...

1 comment:

J. Gambino said...

Much to my surprise I find that my friend, Steve, is a scaredy cat. Forget about the swapping fact and the sacrfice of the camping virgins, just relax and have a good time. You probably want to stop worrying about having nothing to do. Camping is all about the nothing. One more thing...
Whatever happens at Bong, stays at Bong.