Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Boring

Things were a little different at work yesterday. I would think that is going to become the norm. A couple programs I was working with weren't basically eliminated, thus taking a good portion of my work away. Thus, I get to sit and basically do little for the next 2 1/2 months. But the bottom line is that it leads to a very boring day. There is only so much one can look at on the web (at work that is). But the boring day continued even after I got home. Played cards last night and there seemed to be nothing exciting going on there. When I was done, I wrote a boring writeup of it. This may drive me nuts. I know it will probably be boring again today, but I cannot let that carry over to a poker game. If necessary, I guess I may have to start drinking heavily during the card game. If that can't spice things up, I don't know what will.

I have had a couple people give me their condolences on my job situation. I thank you. But I don't see it as a bad thing. I had been thinking about what I was doing and where I was working and had realized I may need a change over a year ago. Yeah, looking for a job on your terms instead of when you have to is two different things but I am quite confident that I can find a something that suits me well, if not even better than what I am doing now. What sucks is that I can do little about making it better now. There is a nice pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. A chunk of that pot goes into my bank account on January 1. But I need to be here on December 31 to earn it. I guess I have to live with the boredom until then.

I don't think the majority of my fellow associates know that I am leaving either. I don't see the reason to volunteer the information, but will be honest if people ask. There are some strange people around here so the reactions could be interesting.

In the meantime, if you know of any good headhunters, feel free to pass their names on.

No comments: