Sunday, October 17, 2004

Worlds colliding

While drinking, I realized all my worlds are colliding. There is a major shakeup going on in my life. Thankfully, nothing is earth shattering. But over the last 72 hours I have heard/seen the good, the bad, and the ugly (well, maybe not the ugly, but not the best news). I have been given my walking papers by my employment, saw my college team win, and witnessed a bad beat by my pro team ( a game they would have won if the football Gods didn't want to even things out).

Yes, I was given official word from my employer that my services wouldn't be needed beyond the beginning of the year. As weird as it may seen, I am fine with that. I have little respect for the company that have bought the place (yeah, there may be a bitterness involved). So with the cash involved, I have little problem with having to walk away and look for a job. I am going to be able to do what I want for a bit. But I guess I do need to find a job. Such is life.

I did get to see a nice Badger victory. The Wisconsin Badgers defeated the Purdue Boilermakers on Saturday. It took a nice defensive play (fumble recovery for a TD) to seal it but the Badgers deserved a victory. They played a good game and stifled a good offense. It was funny because the old man Pat asked me how I was doing prior to the fumble recovery. I told him things weren't good. One play later the Badgers scoop up the ball and score a touchdown. Suddenly, all is great and I tell Pat I am doing fucking great! I also used a classic line during the game. Anthony Davis took a run around the corner and ran for bout 40 yards or so. I cranked out the "Run like you stole it!" comment and the bar went wild. You gotta like it! I played some Hold Em during the game and made 40 bones so it got even better. Bad side was I was suppose to have dinner with a lady friend but she had a headache (yeah right) and cancelled out on me. The sweet comes with the sour. That sucked so I stayed and got hooched at the bar.

On Sunday, my Cowboys loss on a bit of a fluke play. I couldn't help but feel the football Gods were working against me. The Cowboys are up by 3 with about 2 and a half minutes left. Vinnie Testaverde goes back to pass and drops the ball that the Steeler not only recover, but run back to roughly the Cowboys 20. I couldn't help but think of the Badgers play the day before that won them the game. Everything suddenly evened out. Another fluke play, defeats me. I was pretty much devastated. It totally sucked. The Gods of football seemed to strike back for giving me a Badger victory.

Best thing about the weekend is that I realized how lucky I am to have such great friends. No matter what happens with any football game, chick dogging me, or losing my job, I am happy to know I have such good people around me to offer support and pure friendship.

Everything that happened over the weekend doesn't mean anything. I have great friends. They are what matters. I don't know if I can ask for anything more. Thank you to my friends for being there (yeah you know who you are) I am blessed. Nothing else needs to be said except thanks to my friends. I love everyone of you all.

No comments: