Wednesday, October 20, 2004

I am StB and I approve this message

One of the more annoying things about the election is happening to me. It is bad enough to see and listen to the commercials on TV, but to get the phone calls has to be the worst. Over the course of the morning, I received 3 calls. All of them started before my voicemail had kicked in so I am not quite sure who the "singer and songwriter" supporting President Bush is. Nor do I know who the guy with the deep voice was. I don't care who the lady was. I am not a registered Republican and I do not intend to do so. I am going to vote for our President as I believe in the war on terror, that our economy has improved and we are on the road to our best years in this country. I get sick of seeing the commercials by the private interest groups on both sides. I get sick of hearing the lies and deception that they both use.

But most of all, I am nauseated by the Kerry/Edwards campaign's tactic of saying anything and everything they can to win the election. From outright lies about a draft being reinstituted (Hey, it was the Democrats that introduced the bill. The administration had said since day one there wasn't going to be a draft) to talk of gas prices being high because of the President and the flu vaccine being his fault as well. How stupid do they think Americans are? Supply and demand are dictating gas prices as well as the speculators that are running up the price of oil. I would like someone to explain to me how the President is responsible for not having enough flu vaccine available. How? Was he driving a truck that crashed and spilled all over the interstate? People, you do not need to get a shot. Only the hypochondriacs are freaking out about that. And they think we need the government to run our health care system? The President of the United States is not responsible for everything that happens in the country. Don't be stupid enough to think that.

I will be happy when the election is over. Hopefully I won't be scared of the results if the weasel manage to get control of the White House.

No comments: