Thursday, December 02, 2004

Should I be a responsible person?

December. The month I had planned to go back to Vegas in. I remember last year, airfare was dirt cheap. Same with hotels. So I figured I would definately take advantage of the situation this year. But the scenario is not the same. Airfare is high because of jet fuel prices. Hotels are still cheap but I need to get there. Throw in my last days of employment are here and the trip looks less that likely to happen.

But the fat lady ain't singing yet. I did take the days off so I can leave when I want. But should I be responsible and find a job first? I have some feelers out there, but maybe taking a week off in the middle of December would be better put to use finding a job instead of gambling. If something good would come along, I would be here to interview. But I could be relaxing, playing poker and drinking all day, forgetting to eat something until the sun has come up and I realize I haven't slept in 48 hours.

An earlier than expected "windfall" is coming in next week adding to the temptation of getting on a plane. A work "savings" account has been cashed and will be in my grubby little hands next week. That would easily pay for the trip and have money left over. Damn decisions.


No comments: