Saturday, January 22, 2005

The postal service has nothing on me

It's about 1:30. The snow is still coming down. I go through my list of provisions and decide I need beer. The more I think about it, the more I really want a beer. Salvation is only one block away.

So I head out. As I do, the wind picks up and it looks like a blizzard. Snow is all over the place. But I trudge on.

Through wind, nor sleet, nor snow, nothing will stop my from getting to Bert's Liquor!

I walk in the door. The warmth in the air. The booze in front of me. Like a kid in a candy store. I check out one cooler. Nothing hits me. Over to the next. Thinking, thinking. Then I see it. The winner. Since I have little food in the house, drinking this would be kinda like having a meal too. No, James it isn't some Scottish oatmeal syrup drink that you guzzled in college.

Salvatore Double Bock by Paulaner.

Who wants one?

4 comments:

J. Gambino said...

So if I take a beer, will I have to chew it? (The beer, guttermind)

Anonymous said...

sounds good.... but not as good as the Blue Moons i drank last nite.... they were delicious!!

Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Excellent choice in beer!

Blue

James Wigderson said...

It was McEwan's Scotch Ale. Now you're making me thirsty.