Thursday, January 20, 2005

Unwritten rules?

I will never be seen on the cover of GQ magazine. I am so unhip in the clothing department that it is pitiful. I wear whatever is comfortable, not what is suppose to be in style. For example, I may be the only person in the building that is wearing a short sleeve shirt. I took a walk around the work area to confirm it. Yep, the only one. I don't know if that makes me a freak or unique. Is there some unwritten rule that says you wear only long sleeved shirts in winter?

Kind of like wearing sweaters in the workplace. No one in the department I work in wears a sweater, except for the faggy old guy. The marketing guys do all the time, but not the guys in my department. Maybe that is a departmental unwritten rule they have kept me out of.

Maybe I should wear a short sleeve sweater tomorrow.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why not go all out and opt for the plaid sweater vest with a short sleeve shirt underneath. A box tie would complete your outfit for the day....
Aleta
Oh and some "nice pants" too

James Wigderson said...

Yup, Doreen and I keeping waiting for the day Queer Eye for the Straight Guy decides to do a road show. We're going to sign you up.

J. Gambino said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
J. Gambino said...

I hope the short sleeved shirt you are wearing is not a dress shirt. Just a polo or something. When I picture a short sleeved dress shirt I am thinking Sipowicz from NYPD Blue. Just promise me if it is a dress shirt that you are wearing a t-shirt underneath.

For your next ensemble I think you should go with those colored dress shirts with the white collars, I hear they are making a comeback!

Anonymous said...

I know nothing about clothes, but I know where you can get an excellent cold one. It is a micro brewery in Cedarburg called Cedar Creek Brewery ask for Steve (owner).