Thursday, March 17, 2005

McStB? O'StB?

Like many others across the land, a friend of mine routinely has the first two days of the NCAA tournament off so he can sit around and watch basketball with friends from college.

Thinking about how beer and sports are like peanut butter and jelly, I asked him how blitzed he and his friends would be on Saturday. He responded, "I don't really drink while watching the games"
-G.C
Interesting. I told him I hear what he is saying. I don't comprehend the not drinking part, but I hear it. Which made me think.

Today is St. Patrick's Day. A day where everyone says they are Irish and drink green beer, eat corned beef and drink Irish Car Bombs until they drop. This year they get the added bonus of watching basketball all day.

Me? I ain't Irish. I don't claim to be. I am not wearing green. However, I will down some Jameson with the boys. I will get my fill of green beer. And I will raise a pint of Guinness to the blogfather, Iggy, and laugh at the confused look on their faces. C'mon! Everyone should raise a toast to a guy that you may have never met, but writes a good blog!

And I will buy a drink for the first girl who I see wearing a "Erin go Braless" shirt. That is, after she proves the shirt to be accurate.

2 comments:

AlCantHang said...

I have the added benefit of actually being half Irish AND a certifiable drunkard.

Tonight will start early and fast.

Ignatious said...

lol, i'm toasting right back at ya!